Jess

Jess

Coming over from Goodreads, dipping a toe in the waters over here.

Fish & Chips
Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban
Progress: 26 %
Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1) - Kim Dare 4.5I loved it, once I got over my discomfort with the D/s aspect of it. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say I loved it once I got pulled into the story enough to get that the D/s was exactly the right thing for the characters, despite it not being my cuppa. The use of the word 'compliment' when it should have been 'complement' nagged at me and I wanted to replace several commas with semi-colons, but those were minor niggles in an otherwise engrossing and exceedingly well-written story. The world-building and explanatory details were all exactly the right amount, and I find myself hoping there are other stories in this world as I'd like very much to read them.I'd hesitated to read Kim Dare because BDSM not only isn't my thing, it's something that generally makes me distinctly uncomfortable once it goes beyond light bondage. And I was definitely uncomfortable with it at the beginning of the story, but eventually it worked so well that fear of it won't stop me from reading more by her. In fact, I find myself almost eager to do so, especially if there are other stories in this world.