Jess

Jess

Coming over from Goodreads, dipping a toe in the waters over here.

Fish & Chips
Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban
Progress: 26 %
City Falcon - Feliz Faber 4.5 or so, rounding it up to 5Loved it. I loved Mark's fear, and how Hunter was so understanding of it based on his own past experiences. But also how Hunter got frustrated at times, too, but didn't push Mark beyond what he had to for his own self-protection. Thanks to having read Desert Falcon first, I really understood where both the patience and the frustration came from. And because this story is from Mark's POV, actions that might otherwise have seemed obnoxious or unredeemable were sympathetic. We could share Hunter's compassion, as well as frustration with Mark, rather than just wanting to smack him upside the head and forget about him. The secondary characters were all just right, too. The friends, the co-workers, and most especially the falcons. It was just the right level of detail and I loved reading about it. It was well-written and well-edited on every level, truly a joy to read.My one complaint is that I struggled to match this Hunter to the Hunter I'd read in Desert Falcon. The experiences were clearly the same, and the character clearly a product of his experiences. Maybe it's just because I was in Hunter's head before and not now, but I just had difficulty feeling him in the same way. That's not it, exactly, but as close as I can come at the moment in my attempt to describe it.