Jess

Jess

Coming over from Goodreads, dipping a toe in the waters over here.

Fish & Chips
Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban
Progress: 26 %
Latakia - J.F.  Smith 4.5 starsI loved this story and the rollicking adventure it took me on. I loved that Travis was not conventionally handsome, but became gorgeous through eyes of love. I adored Matt, with all of his insecurities and principles, and discovering within himself more than he'd dreamed. And I loved the obnoxious Petey, who turned out to be one of the most loveable assholes I've met in a while.That said, I had a few niggles and thus the less-than-5-star rating. I had some difficulty believing the team felt the same camaraderie, trust, and brotherhood with Matt so quickly. He feeling it with them was believable, but less so that it was so quickly and completely reciprocated. I also thought it took Matt a little too long to see through Brian, and would have liked a little more time of him being clear that was right before falling into Travis' arms. I also had to wonder why Petey was so desperate for someone to call 'brother' when he had a team full of brothers.But those were relatively minor niggles, as this was a story that gripped me, filled with characters I won't forget any time soon. I'd love to see a sequel that lets us spend more time with them. And I really, really want to watch Petey fall ass-over-teakettle in love.