Jess

Jess

Coming over from Goodreads, dipping a toe in the waters over here.

Fish & Chips
Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban
Progress: 26 %
Quinn's Hart - Cassandra Gold 4.5I loved this sweet, gentle story about a sweet, gentle man. We actually got both viewpoints in various chapters, so technically I suppose it was almost as much Josh's story as Quinn's. But it felt very much like Quinn's story. His insecurity, shyness, and self-doubt were explained well and realistic, so I never felt like he was too self-deprecating (something that's great in small doses and obnoxious when taken too far). And I loved seeing him come out of his shell and have fun.The romance felt like it developed at the right pace for the circumstances. My only problem with it is that we weren't told until the very end where Josh lives, and I kept wondering why neither of them were stressing about the long-term potential if it would be a long-distance relationship. Eventually that lack of concern was explained by the offhand discovery that they conveniently live in the same city. Total non-issue. However, considering it was a vacation trip to Disney World, I assume people came from all over the country, if not around the world. So some discussion, or at least concern, along the "so...where do you live?" lines would have been more realistic.It was fun getting to visit Disney World with them, and see it through their eyes. The It's a Small World ride - one of my favorites as a child - was particularly hilarious. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was another childhood favorite, but I haven't been since long before the Johnny Depp movie, so it was funny to hear about it including his likeness now.I took off 1/2 star for something at the end that felt too contrived for the sake of conflict. Muttering, "Yeah, right" and rolling my eyes is not the ideal way to approach the climax of the story. I thought the way the guys handled the contrived situation was great, so by the time the book ended I was happy again.