Jess

Jess

Coming over from Goodreads, dipping a toe in the waters over here.

Fish & Chips
Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban
Progress: 26 %
Come Cuddle Me - Missy Welsh Review Summary: A stereotypical het romance disguised as m/m.Review: I love Missy Welsh and I thought the premise of this book sounded sweet, so I was intrigued. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. Instead, it was basically the story I hated to read in het romance and the reason I read so few of them anymore. Stupid, helpless, weak character (nope, not describing the heroine, the character in question is a young twink) rescued by big, strong, manly he-man. He-Man rescues Twinky from a Fate Worse Than Death, afterwards they have the hottest, bestest sex ever, and then they live happily ever after.There's not really much more to say about this story. Tucker was so obviously looking for someone, anyone, and Bill happened along. It's less clear what Bill saw in Tucker, other than a hot young ass. That would be sufficient for a night, maybe even three, but supposedly Bill wants a long-term relationship too, and I just couldn't figure out why. They spend one night together and suddenly they're planning a future together.I know it's a short story, but that's not really a good excuse. I've read other shorts by this author that I thought were solid, complete stories. And I loved, loved My Summer of Wes and have been eagerly awaiting the sequel. Unfortunately, this story had very little in common with those. Unless you want to read a traditional het romance disguised as m/m, I'd recommend skipping this one.This review was originally posted at Reviews by Jessewave, where I received the book for free in exchange for an honest review.