Jess

Jess

Coming over from Goodreads, dipping a toe in the waters over here.

Fish & Chips
Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban
Progress: 26 %
Born To Darkness  - Suzanne Brockmann 4.5 starsI started this several months ago and set it down after not really getting into it in the first couple of chapters. I started it again yesterday and could barely put it down until I'd finished it. Not sure what made the difference, but clearly timing is critical.I loved that this was a much better balance of the m/m and m/f romances than her earlier books. Rather than making the m/m more explicit, she toned down the m/f to match, and I liked having the consistency throughout. I would have liked it a little better if everyone hadn't hastened to assure Diaz that the shocker was him being sexual rather than that it was with a man; in this futuristic society, one in which Elliot had easily and openly had a husband, it would have been nice to see those sort of assurances rendered unnecessary and obsolete. But that was the only sour note for me, as I greatly (and fairly equally) enjoyed all of the separate stories (something that hasn't been true in every Brockmann book).I'm looking forward to the sequel(s), getting to know the characters better and seeing all of the relationships develop further.